10 Flipped & Active Learning Strategies You Can Do in 10 Minutes or Less
Quick and easy active learning strategies instructors can add to any lecture to increase student engagement
NOTE: This course ends forever on February 29, 2020! New enrollments will not be available after this date.
In this 45-minute self-paced online workshop, instructors will explore 10 active learning strategies they can easily add to their lectures without having to re-design their whole course.
Each teaching strategy is designed to take less than 10 minutes of class time, making these ideal activities to integrate into existing lectures, seminars, or discussions to increase student engagement, encourage collaboration, assess students' knowledge, and improve learning.
What’s included in the course?
This is a self-paced on-demand course featuring 2 video modules. When your participants enroll, they will receive:
- Instant access to 2 videos (35 minutes total) featuring all 10 strategies.
- Instant access to the guided notes outline to help you take notes and organize your ideas.
- Instant access to the planning worksheet which includes 7 essential questions to answer before you add a an active learning strategy to a lecture.
- Instant access to the resource packet which includes 5 bonus articles to give you more strategies and advice.
- Instant access to the private discussion forum to ask questions and share ideas.
- Instant access to the presentation slides.
- Instant access to the video transcripts.
This online course is for participants who...
- are looking for new teaching strategies to increase student engagement and improve learning.
- don't have time to re-design a whole course but want to add new ideas to an existing lesson.
need a teaching strategy they can immediately apply to their course without taking too much time.
"Practical strategies I can use in any of my classes. I appreciate these quick ideas to engage students without redesigning my whole course."
Faculty member, University of Toledo
Hi, I'm Barbi! For the past 20 years, I have been creating programs, events, and resources to help educators increase student engagement and improve learning. I try to celebrate what you are already doing and encourage you to try new ideas. I work with professors, instructors, faculty development professionals, instructional designers, postdocs, and graduate students who want to learn how to teach and design engaging learning experiences. I am the founder of FLIP It Consulting and creator and host of the Lecture Breakers podcast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Encourage instructors to find 10 minutes in their next lecture and add one of these strategies to engage students and improve learning!