10 Flipped & Active Learning Strategies You Can Use to Engage Students in Online Courses
Strategies instructors can use to Increase student engagement in online courses
Encourage instructors to add these strategies their online courses to increase student engagement and improve learning.
THIS COURSE WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH JANUARY 31, 2020!
Many instructors are redesigning their courses for the online space. It's can be overwhelming to think about how to structure the course materials, how to engage students, and how to select online tools to make the process manageable. But, instructors don't have to do it all at the same time. By adding a few active learning strategies to their existing online courses, they can increase student engagement, encourage collaboration, and improve learning and retention.
In this 45-minute course, participants will identify 9 places in their online course where they can integrate active learning strategies. Then, they'll explore 10 different flipped and active learning strategies they can immediately apply to their online course.
Each strategy is informed by research, grounded in theory, and designed for practical application. Participants will receive a resources packet featuring a list of flipped and active learning strategies, planning templates, and recommended technology tools and resources they can use to create engaging online learning experiences for their students.
At the end of this mini-course, participant will be able to:
- Identify 9 places in their online course where they can easily implement active learning strategies without needing to redesign or restructure the whole course.
- Explore 10 different active learning strategies they can use in synchronous and asynchronous online environments.
- Describe the benefits of integrating flipped and active learning strategies into an online course.
- Start developing an active learning strategy for their online course.
Thank you for providing a wonderful webinar! This was so engaging! My college/campus is facing significant changes; after participating in your webinar, I feel such excitement in the prospect of utilizing these methodologies of delivery. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! --Nursing Instructor, University of Nebraska
What’s included in this course?
This is a self-paced mini-course featuring 2 video modules. When you enroll, you will receive:
- Instant access to 2 videos (45 minutes total) featuring all 10 strategies.
- Instant access to the guided notes outline to help you take notes and organize your ideas.
- Instant access to the resource packet which includes 4 bonus articles and a list of resources for more strategies and advice.
- Instant access to the private discussion forum to ask questions and share ideas.
- Instant access to the presentation slides.
- Instant access to the video transcripts.
This online mini-course is for participants who are...
- looking for new teaching strategies to add to your their course to increase student engagement and improve learning.
- building an online course and want to think about how to engage students right from the start.
- looking for new ideas to use in an online class they are teaching right now, this week, or this semester to keep students engaged and on task.
- teaching a blended, flipped, or hybrid course and want new ways to engage students in the online part of the course.
Hi, I'm Barbi! For the past 20 years, I have been creating programs, events, and resources to help educators increase student engagement and improve learning. I try to celebrate what you are already doing and encourage you to try new ideas. I work with professors, instructors, faculty development professionals, instructional designers, postdocs, and graduate students who want to learn how to teach and design engaging learning experiences. I am the founder of FLIP It Consulting and creator and host of the Lecture Breakers podcast.